Friday, May 14. Leuven in a deserted because of a long weekend, I mentally prepare my evening in Brussels. Not content with the fact that this event already promises to be quite challenging, I decided to cheat the evening going with some friends to see the excellent Robin Hood of Ridley Scott , beautiful film in all respects. The focus of my attention however, is not addressed, nor the interpretation of blood Russell Crowe or ethereal beauty of the stunning Cate Blanchett . No sir. The core of the whole day, the event that gives a reason to get out of my bed is the concert Modena City Ramblers in Brussels.
Leaving the cinema I am going to a quick dinner and go running to the station.
course to miss the train ...
onto the next and finish in Brussel Zuid at 21:53, missing just seven minutes at the beginning of the concert.
Vlogaertstraat I run to and find myself in front of a room stormed by a crowd of people left without a ticket. Finally gain entry and find myself inside the room packed, already smell like a goat.
After a careful combination of kicks, farts elbow and I can get closer to the stage just in time for the entry of the group. It begins immediately with a historical piece - Tant Par Tacher - then move on to some songs from the last album and from there to an alternation of classic songs and new, in an evening hanging between militancy, folk festival and local.
The concert comes alive almost immediately, thanks to a band that does not save at all and a David Morandi that, despite its stylistic differences, does not miss Cisco Bellotti with the result that after less than an hour I've already lost almost two pounds in the form of sweat.
hard then not to get caught up with emotion when the group (accompanied from across the room) sang "The Hundred Steps ", celebrating the anniversary of the murder of just spent Peppino Impastato .
these minutes were spent like two hours sweating, the concert is over and I find myself drinking beer with total strangers talking about socialism and class struggle (?! ) except to realize that this is done one and a half and I missed the last train to Leuven. And fortunately I can fix that, I can not remember how or by whom, a ride and get home around three.
Tired, sweaty and sore ears. But
load and how excited I was not the end of Priest Feast ...
0 comments:
Post a Comment